Saturday, August 6, 2011

It Was a Long Week

There are a lot of kinds of tired. There's the type you get when the neighbor's dogs keep waking you up and then you can't go back to sleep. There's the feeling you have when your yoga teacher kicks your butt one day, and then the next day says she's going to "kick it up a notch". There's the tired from working 48 hours in 5 days. The death of an old friend makes you weary. A couple of months of triple digit temperatures and no rain leave you strangely drained. And then there's the tired you get when you have to have a difficult heart-to-heart with a close friend. But last night I slept well, and today I don't have any responsibilities. My heart is right back to work anyway, sending love to people I care about, and staying open to hear them when they need me.

No comments:

Post a Comment