Monday, July 18, 2011

Quiet House on a Sunday Night

My husband and the dogs are all sound asleep, as I sit at my computer, formatting my new blog. My husband and I work different shifts, so the weekend is when we spend the most time together. As I count down the days to my solo trip to Wisconsin to visit old friends, he decided to spoil me rotten by cooking for me, taking me to a movie and out to eat, and spending a lot of time just hanging out on the couch with me. I'm always a little sad when he goes to sleep on Sunday night, and I think about the work week starting. My husband and I met at the age of 42, and I think our age gives a bit of an advantage over other recently-married couples. We are old enough to have a little life experience to help us make better choices. We really try to remember to ask how the other's day went, and say thank you for the things we appreciate. He often tells me that he's glad to be married to me. Even though we "work" at our marriage, it feels easy. I am a lucky girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment